FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We will recycle a range of Apple and Android phones including:
If you do not see your device listed on our website, simply email us at email@example.com and we'll get you a price.
Due to the market pricing of deviceschanging everyday, your quotation will be valid for 30 days. As long as we receive your devicewithin the 30 day period we will honour your quotation. If we receive your device outside this 30 day window, we will reassess your device at the current market value of the device.
Once you have accepted the quote, you have 2 options to send us your device:
- Check your email for the prepaid label (make sure to check your spam folder). Print and follow the instructions to apply label to your box.
- Wrap your device in protective paper or packaging. Use extra caution for the screen and the battery. Apply tape where necessary.
- Place the wrapped device into a box or padded envelope with any accessories and secure.
- Drop it off to your nearest Canada Post Box or Office.
- Place your deviceinto the bubble pouch.
- Place your device and any other accessories into the shipping envelope.
- Place the prepaid shipping label in the sleeve on the outside of the envelope.
- Seal the envelope.
- Drop it off at the nearest Canada Post Box or Office.
When you pack your device, we ask that you include the battery (if external) and any other accessories you wish to recycle. To receive the full payment we only need to receive the device and battery (if external). We will happily recycle any other accessories you wish to include!
We offer the following methods of payment:
- Mailed Cheque
Once we've received and inspected your device, your payment will be issued right away. The time it takes to receive your payment varies with the method of payment:
- Mailed Cheque: 3-7 business days
- E-transfer: Instant
- PayPal: Instant
Want to cancel your order? Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Email
- The Device
If we think your device is in better condition than you selected, we will automatically increase your payout. If your phone is in worse shape than selected, we will contact you with a revised quotation which you can accept or decline. If you decline, we'll send your device back at no cost.
The Find My iPhone function found on Apple devices is used to locate your device if stolen or lost. In order to be able to recycle the phone and place it in the hands of a new user, this feature needs to be disabled. We kindly ask that you deactivate iCloud from your device before sending it in. You can do this by following the steps below:
- On your device’s home screen, go to "Settings”
- Go to "iCloud" found in "Settings"
- Turn the Find My iPhone slider to the OFF position if it is not already. If prompted for a password, enter your iCloud password and tap "Turn Off" to confirm.
- In the case that you've already shipped your device or you can't turn your phone on please follow these steps:
- Sign in to http://www.icloud.com/
- Click "Devices" at the top
- Find the specific devices you want to deactivate and click on that device
- Click the "X" to remove the device from your iCloud account
We aim to maximize the use of each device we receive. This could either be by recycling the device and using its individual components elsewhere or finding a new user that will make the most of the device.